Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Five Senses of Being His Wife: Sound

This is the second post in my series about the fives senses.  Today I want to explore the sense of sound and how it relates to my role as my husband's wife.

Do I listen to Lew (husband)?  I mean really listen?   What does he actually mean when he says we should have pie more often?  (Hint: He probably likes pie.) What does it mean when he says he's going to take a shower before bed?  Or when he compliments the way I look in my new sweater? Do I hear what my beloved is saying in the background of his words?

Am I aware of the sounds he makes on a daily basis?  What do his little sighs, moans, and groans mean?  As his wife, I should know.  I should be enough of a student to at least know how to read the man I married.

Okay, so here's the other side of the coin.

What is he hearing?  What sounds do I make for him to hear?  Do my word build him up or tear him down?
Does he hear me speaking loving words to him, or does he hear mostly complaining and nagging? 

Lord, please help me to hear my husband.  Not just his words, but the heart behind his words.  Help me be a student of him and know him in a way that will bless him. I want to build my house and not tear it down.  Help me use words that will help my husband.  Please let him hear uplifting messages from me.  This I pray in Jesus' name.


No comments:

Post a Comment