Sunday, August 11, 2013

He Is Watching

Lew (husband) and I were in church last weekend, praising God with our whole hearts.  We prayed, sang, learned, fellowshipped, and communed. I really felt like I was paying attention to God's voice.  I wanted to do everything I could for Him in that moment. It was wonderful.  It got me thinking.....

How quick am I to obey when God asks me to do something for Him?  What about at home? Do I live my life in a way that glorifies God?  Do I always do my best to obey Him in everything?  EVERY thing??  Do I worship my Lord and Savior in my every day life as though He's watching?

Because He is watching.

When I sit at my computer all day while life goes on without me, God's watching.
When I criticize Lew (husband) in front of the girls, God's watching.
When I get that enormous, selfish case of the "I wants," God's watching.
When I am impatient, God's watching.
When I'm at the supermarket deciding between corn flakes and fruit loops, God's watching.
When I flirt with my husband, God's watching.
When I put off giving my husband that "thing" he wants in bed, God's watching.
When I lay awake at night, filled with guilt over my behavior, God's watching.

He's watching me all the time.  He knows how well I've behaved.  He's there, guiding me, prodding me, asking me to do things and watching as I disobey.

At the store, He's there watching me make unhealthy choices that destroy my body and my budget.

At home, He's there watching as I ignore my children and husband because I'm lost in my book.

In the bedroom, He's there as I put a stop to anything that will help Lew (husband) and I become more intimate.

He's there.  Always there. 

He's with you, too.  He's watching everything you do.  He sees every decision you make.  You cannot hide from Him.

So, let me ask you this ...... Is He happy with you? I'm sure He isn't always happy with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment