Friday, May 20, 2011

Seeking Titus 2 Woman

I am no Bible scholar, but it seems to me that much of what is written in God's word has stood the test of time for a reason.  I believe that the instructions found in His Word are every bit as relevant today as they were when written.

Which brings me to Titus 2.

I know a lot of fine, upstanding church women who seem, at least on the surface, to be devout followers of Christ.  They read their Bibles, the attend worship services and Bible studies, they help the needy, and do all the things one would expect of a fine, upstanding church woman.

Are they Titus 2 women?

Hmmmm ...

Would I be able to go to any of them with a question about my children?  My husband?  Sex? 
Would they teach me how to love my husband and family?

I'm not so sure.

If I need advice (I mean real, hardcore advice) about such things as a private issue between Lew and me, I cannot imagine going to one of these ladies.  I'm almost certain that they would look at me differently ... as lesser than themselves ... for bringing up a taboo topic.

What a shame.  What I'm looking for is a woman who will sit with me and discuss the ins and outs of motherhood and wife-hood.  A woman who has been around the block and isn't ashamed of herself for having no-nonsense answers to no-nonsense questions.  A woman who blush and tell me that I shouldn't be asking her those kinds of questions.  I need a woman who will let me say what I have to say, then teach me how to be the best wife I can be for my own husband, without the high and mighty attitude I see in so many fine, upstanding church women.

That's a Titus 2 woman.  That's the woman I'm looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment