Friday, February 18, 2011

God Knew It All Along

I was thinking about Adam and Eve and the fruit, and I came up with a few thoughts.
  • God knew they ate the fruit before He ever confronted them.  He is omnipresent = everywhere, omniscient = all knowing, and omnipotent = all powerful.  Clearly, He knew the whole scene was going down as it was happening.  Why didn't He stop them?
  • God called out to Adam first.  Why not Eve?  Could it be that Adam was the responsible party?  Was he, perhaps, placed in authority over Eve? Hmmm ...
  • God punishes Adam not only for eating the fruit, but also for allowing himself to be persuaded to do so by his wife.  (another hmmm...)  Could it be that God's plan is for the wife to submit to her husband, and NOT for the husband to submit to his wife?  
Anyway, those are my thoughts right now.  I'm glad I chose to submit totally to God and my husband.  

No comments:

Post a Comment