Friday, February 22, 2013

Open or Closed?

Before I jump into today's post, I want to take a moment to apologize to my readers for the somewhat graphic nature of some of my last post.  I did not mean to offend, but rather to  enlighten.  I wanted to share some of my feelings and maybe I went to far in the description or details.  Anyway, I do apologize for that, and will do my very best to keep myself under control.

Now ... on to today's post.

Do you sleep with the door open or closed?  I recently read that couples who sleep with the bedroom door open have more trouble with intimacy than those who close the door.

Hmmmm ....

Lew (husband) and I sleep with our door open on my insistence because I want to hear the girls if they need me in the middle of the night.  Lew likes us to sleep au naturale but we haven't done so in several years because the door to our boudoir is wide

Hmmmm ....

I was more adventurous in bed before we had kids (and began leaving the bedroom door open).

Hmmmm ....

Maybe there is something to this.  Let's examine some possibilities:

If we slept with the door closed ...

  • Lew could sleep in the raw.  Maybe he could even convince me to lose the frock and join him.
  • Our bedroom would be instantly private, and privacy is always a good thing for married folks.
  • We could watch whatever we want on TV.  
  • The kids would have to knock before coming in.  It would teach them to respect the boundary of Mom and Dad's private space.
Maybe there is something to this idea of closing the bedroom door.  If we closed our door would we be more free to express ourselves?  Would we have better conversations?  Better couple time?  Hotter sex?  Would I be more willing to love him the way he needs me to?

Probably.

Worth a try.  Don't you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment